What a great idea to show your love and appreciation to your favorite bacon enthusiast! It serves as a great gift for a male family member, significant other, or just a way of shaking up the traditional floral collection! Quite literally an edible arrangement!
Here is what you will need:
- Fabric flowers (I got a bundle of 6 from the local 99 Cent Only Store)
- Muffin pan
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit. Open the package of bacon and begin to roll the roses. Start with the wider end of the bacon and roll in. The tighter you roll them the better the form will stay. I used regular cut bacon, but adding thin or thick cut will give variety to your arrangement.
- Place the bacon rolls in the muffin pans and tap down on them gently in order to secure them. Put them in the oven and bake them for 35-40 minutes. Check them about every ten minutes or so. You may have to rotate your bacon due to the accumulation of grease.
- While the bacon is bakin, you begin working with the flowers. You will need to remove the fabric flower from the stems. This may be a little tricky depending on the intricacies of your particular type. You may have to dissemble and reassemble the backings. You can discard the petals or save them for a future project 😉
- When the bacon buds are done, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel to cool. Then comes assembly time! If you have a long enough stem, slide your bacon on and arrange as necessary. If you find your stems are not long enough to fully support your buds a half a toothpick can be inserted into the stem to add additional support.
- Arrange them as you please. I used a bit of wax paper and a ribbon, but feel free to go all out with a vase if you so choose.
And there you have it!