52 REASONS WHY I LOVE YOU
You want something special and personal to show someone you love just how much you care? You may have just hit the jackpot!
Here is what you will need:
- Deck of cards ($1 at a dollar store or drug store)
- Ribbon (color of your choice)
- Construction Paper
- Hole punch
- Thin Sharpie
- Access to a printer (optional)
Here’s the deal…
- Come up with a list of things you love about this person. You will need 52 as there are 52 cards in a deck. The hardest part will be narrowing it down to just 52 things. Remember to make it personal, including personality traits, inside jokes, and qualities. Once you have these ideas, assign what cards you want to correlate. (For example for “The way you make me feel” you may want to put on the Queen of Hearts)
- Hole punch your cards. You want 2 holes in order to thread the ribbon. Be sure not to put it too close to the edge as this may tear easier with wear. On the other hand, do not do it too far in either because that will make it hard to turn between pages. I did mine about 1/4 of an inch from the edge.
- Put your cards in the desired order and decorate! Have fun with it! Use clipart, internet images, photographs, or just construction paper with your reason. Change it up and allow the decor to vary. Here are some examples of what I did:
4. Use one of the Joker cards as a cover. Say whatever you please or what you deem appropriate!
5. Now comes the assembly! String your ribbon through and tie it in a bow. And thats it! You have yourself a handmade bundle of love that I bet they will enjoy!